[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation's partnership with Kaltuna and loss of freedom

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Thu Jan 17 23:38:54 UTC 2008

Ignoring all of the ad hominems above, I think the collaboration would be
fruitful as long as the Kaltura logo and and the "Powered by Kaltura"
notices are removed and there is a link allowing people to bypass that
player completely and simply download the file in a free format. If those
were not removed, I would be completely against the collaboration. A
wikilink to the article on Kaltura would be an acceptable replacement in my
mind. Gnash would be an ideal implementation, but I doubt that it is up to
the task. Flash is a global standard with deep penetration and allows the
most people to get the most information.