[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation's partnership with Kaltuna and loss of freedom

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:31:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 5:08 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure it matters. If you're a vandal and a troll in one place, why
> should we assume his behavior would be any better anywhere else? Its
> the purpose of a reputation - to allow others to assign the proper
> weight to your opinion. It isn't a permanent black mark, but it lasts
> awhile like any.

It's not our job to do background checks on our volunteers. What
people do elsewhere is their business. Our community consists of
mostly-anonymous amateurs, people from whom no reputation or
qualifications are expected nor required. His zeal against one group
or one community does not translate directly into actions at our
community. So long as he doesn't troll us, we shouldnt label him a
troll.

--Andrew Whitworth