[Foundation-l] Localisation of MediaWiki

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:34:12 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Do I understand that you want something like a "Wikicompendium", a resource
that would be particularly geared towards the least resourced languages ??
What you can do is have a wiki with namespaces for particular types of
information. You may also want to read/comment on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Providing_information_when_there_is_little_or_none,
it describes many of the concepts that could apply.

This year is the UNESCO Year of the Language. When we set up a project like
this, we are likely get a lot of appreciation for this !!

Thanks,
    Gerard