[Foundation-l] Fundraising & Networking updates

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Wed Jan 16 18:46:38 UTC 2008

On 16/01/2008, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not as concerned about the major Fortune 500 companies that already
> have a major presence and who's having an article (or not) on Wikipedia
> largely won't affect their business.
>
> I'm talking about small start ups and under-the-radar companies. These are
> groups and individuals who do not have that massive Google rank you find
> for Microsoft, Adobe, DuPont, and Viacom. Those companies care about
> their Wikipedia articles (PR reasons), but the smaller companies care more.
> To them, a link on Wikipedia is golden.[etc]

Surely this can be dealt with appropriately by inclusion criteria on
the various local projects - I know enwp has some guidelines on a
cut-off for companies, though I have no idea what they are, and I'm
sure most other projects do as well.

If we want to worry about small insignificant organisations, don't do
something that relates to all organisations.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk