[Foundation-l] Litigation costs

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jan 12 19:16:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 1:59 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not saying it's real-life applicable, but moreso just an accurate
> description
> of the job.

What's the point of this project if it isn't applicable to real life?
I thought Wikipedia was about making an encyclopedia, not playing a
game on the Internet.  If Wikipedia isn't applicable to real life,
then I suggest the WMF drop its real tax exemption and stop collecting
real donations.  It'd probably be a good idea to get rid of the
biographies on real people and take everything out of the real search
engines.

Anyway, if there are no obligations or responsibilities, then it's not
a job at all.  Searching for an analogy, maybe licensure is a good
one.  Having the admin bit is like having a driver's license, or a ham
radio license, or a concealed weapons permit.  Special powers but no
responsibilities.