[Foundation-l] Litigation costs

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 15:29:20 UTC 2008

On 12/01/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> Please read what is written. Admins enforce. The collectivity has a duty. It
> is up to us all to ensure that our material can be published under our
> license.

What kind of duty? There certainly isn't a legal duty beyond our own
contributions. Is there a moral one? That's pretty subjective, but I
would say "no", simply because it's not practical. We don't have
enough organisation to ensure that we "do our duty", and we can't have
a moral duty to do something which we're not capable of doing.