[Foundation-l] thoughts on leakages

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:39:35 UTC 2008

Hoi,
There is an important difference between a person who walks away in a huff
as an employee and then decides to stand for board election and a person
that changes one role for another. The difference is that in the one
situation I do not expect positive cooperation and in the other I do not see
such such a problem. From my perspective Danny was not forthcoming in
explaining why he left his job. I have asked him repeatedly for this from
the moment when he announced that he would run for a seat on the board of
trustees.

I opposed Danny's candidacy from the moment he announced his wish to be a
candidate. This was before the moment people could make themselves available
as such. The notion that people would object to accepting someone on the
board that was voted in is an option that is open to the board. It will
upset some people but this is to be weighed against the harm that is
expected of an unwelcome elected board member.

Thanks,
     GerardM