[Foundation-l] Community representation

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 04:45:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have been thinking about the wikicouncil stuff lately and it seems
to me there is room for another form of community representation,
something like a union of editors.

WMF<->Project communication is necessary and I think it would be
suited to a wikicouncil. But then there is the more general
WMF<->community representation, where "community" is the self-elected
group of people who are interested in "meta issues"... ie foundation-l
posters at the moment.

I know the Foundation gave up formal membership however-long-ago but I
don't think that would preclude them from organising, or perhaps more
accurately recognising, a membership group that was legally powerless.
(We don't need to be legally powerful to have power: the most powerful
thing we have is the right to fork.)

Anyway my thoughts about this are not completely formed, so I just
want to throw the idea out there to see what people think.

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/