[Foundation-l] Ru.Wikibooks

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 22:23:53 UTC 2008

On 09/01/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2008 6:39 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 09/01/2008, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Clearly he is jaded against the Foundation and feels like his project
> > > has been ignored. I wonder if there are other small projects with
> > > similar feelings, and if there is something that can be done about it
> > > before it gets to this point.

> > Not really. People are never going to react well to "we are from the
> > foundation and are here to help". Smaller projects are always to an
> > extent going to attract the outcasts from other projects. Sometimes it
> > works out sometimes it does not.

> I resent the notion that people form smaller projects are outcasts. What
> happened to assume good faith ?

1., that's not what Geni said. 2, where's yours?

We do see a lot of people who don't fit in well at en:wp going to tiny
projects. Sometimes it works out well, sometimes it doesn't. But
claiming it's an assumption of bad faith to note the phenomenon is
just silly, and claiming that noting the phenomenon is a statement
that all people from smaller projects are being called outcasts is a
failure of logic (A c B does not imply B c A) and reading on your
part.

- d.