[Foundation-l] Top posters

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 19:47:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 8:40 PM, Kalan <kalan.001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/10, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com>:
> > Is there any way you could merge the counts for people with multiple
> > email addresses? Some way for people to enter addresses into a form to
> > say they are the same person (and some way for others to review it)?
>
> Sure, that is quite possible. To prevent abuse, such form may require
> login and accounts may be restricted, for example, to me and list
> moderators (or maybe also stewards or even any user in good standing).
>
> By the way, grouping is performed not by email address, but by "real
> name" setting.

I might be missing something but wouldn't confirmation emails be
easier for this than a set of admins and manual approval? Something
like "Thomas Dalton (thomas.dalton at gmail.com) claims that your
email address should be grouped together with thomas.dalton at
gmail.com Please click here to confirm"

Or is this technically more difficult?

Michael