[Foundation-l] thoughts on leakages

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:41:30 UTC 2008

> On 09/01/2008, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > It has been mentionned several times that information provided on
> > private lists was leaked publicly.
> > No one has suggested to actually look at reasons why there are leaks.
>
> Because it makes the person spreading the leak sound cool.
>
> e.g.
> http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikimedia_leak:_Will_the_Foundation_%22run_on_Sun%22%3F
>
> Read that and tell me which of the details weren't already all over
> foundation-l.

Kaltura.

The meeting with Sun was mentioned less than 12 hours ago (by Erik in
"Fundraising & Networking updates"), not what I would call "all over"
foundation-l.

I'm still trying to figure out
1) what the lead paragraph of that story has to do with the rest of it, and
2) what Wikinews' criteria for newsworthiness are, especially in
relation to Wikimedia.

Regardless of why people leak, it still feels like you're being
dudded, to find out information through unofficial or even hostile
channels. It seems like something has been out of balance of late.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/