[Foundation-l] thoughts on leakages

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:52:33 UTC 2008

Hoi,
As it is best to be a "deep throat", you will not learn much of the
motivations. It is quite clear to me that it is more likely that your head
will be bitten off then you will be praised for spoiling the trust that you
were given. In my opinion rightly so because by doing this, a person that
leaks is detrimental to openness. Detrimental because the resulting spin put
on things is negative and feeds the arguments of those who want to stop
leaks.

What I can say for myself is that there is another aspect that makes it hard
for people to know what is going on. This has everything to do that it is
HARD, BLOODY HARD to communicate with people within the organisation when
you are not at least on internal lists. First of all, it is getting better,
this has nothing to do with the new position of Erik, but more with the
emergence of an actual organised body of people that are the WMF
organization.

For those who want more openness, they have to work within the system to
achieve this. It will be hard work, but if they believe in openness, the
result is the reward.

Thanks,
    GerardM