[Foundation-l] Bunners at the bottom of every page

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:02:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 7, 2008 1:52 PM, Samuel Henderson <samueljhenderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the information posted here has been largely correct, there is absolutely
> no reason -- and no excuse -- for not desysopping this user.  This strikes
> me as a profound failure of stewardship.

Actually, I wouldn't phrase it that way.

The stewards are expressedly asked not to "make decisions" but to
"carry out decisions". In this particular instance, no-one has made or
is making a decision, very simply because there is no real precedent
(or at least no precedent that has been applied).

I butted in because I believe that the logo/powered by instance is NOT
a community decision, it's a Foundation matter and if needed, I'll
start a policy that all projects hosted by Wikimedia should be
labelled as such, and use this as a precedent, have it ratified by the
board and whatnot. I find the deed rather common sense (ie. having
those icons at the bottom of the website) but if it needs a  policy,
then let's have it.

But in the end, the desysopping or removal of this person should be a
community based decision. Question is... where is the ru.wikibooks
community? And if there is one, do they have enough relay within the
steward/meta Wikimedia community to be heard? Do they even know the
process to make this go forward? Do they actually *want* this person
to be removed?

If anything, this strikes me as a a profound failure of community
based decisions.

Delphine

--
~notafish