[Foundation-l] Bunners at the bottom of every page

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:31:24 UTC 2008

> On a similar note, a second sysop, like a second CU, should be a
> necessity in all projects. If you  don't have the community to support
> at least two sysops, then you probably shouldnt have any. Reduces the
> risk of unchecked god-kings running around and turning the projects
> into their own personal playgrounds.

I don't think it's a necessity, but it's something we should aim for
whenever possible. Having two checkusers is essential because
checkuser logs are private, sysop logs are public, so the community
can monitor sysops for abuse, they can't monitor checkusers for abuse.
In most cases, I think one admin is probably better than none - most
admin work is routine and uncontroversial and it would be a waste of
steward time to get them to do everything when there is someone local
willing to do it.