[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Legal obligation to report Wikipedia

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:45:05 UTC 2008

R+R is a legitimate air force interest. I emailed my Army JAG friend,
I'm waiting on a response. However, from my own experiences in both
Army and USAF computer facilities in Iraq and other middle east
countries, we're all arguing about a complete non-issue. Here's the
rub: The military, ALL branches of the military, regularly set up and
authorize the use of computer labs and stations for off-duty
browsing.  The navy has them installed on their ships. The Air Force
sets them up at air bases, and the army comes in and mooches off of
them until we get our own. These facilities are at the discretion of
the installation commander and he can always take them back and shut
them down. But in practice, that never happens. Did you know there is
an MOS in the air force for internet help desk? That means there are
people who's entire job in the airforce is getting sent to kuwait and
answering phone calls from junior officers about why flash videos of a
dog humping a cat are loading slowly.

This is all really much ado about nothing.

-Dan