[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Legal obligation to report Wikipedia

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:21:15 UTC 2008

> It seems that in all that the key statement is "COMMANDERS MAY AUTHORIZE
> INCIDENTAL USE."  How can anyone say that he knows about an offence if
> he is not on the same base, and knows nothing about the orders by the
> commander of the putative offender's base?

Good point. Furthermore, is there a specific obligation to go out of ones way
to "fish" for compromising information on a wikipedia user, I.E. Isn't there
anything like our AGF in the best practises of the armed servises?

Even if there were an affirmative obligation to pass on any information that
would lead to the apprehension of somebody misusing resources, wouldn't
such an affirmative obligation only apply to positive knowledge. That is, how
should anyone be affirmatively obliged to inform upon a *possible* infraction?

If that were the case, wouldn't that mean that those folk should be running
around frenetically informing their higher-ups about every suscpicion they
might have about their brothers in arms... ?