[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 19:33:55 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

The question of whether or not the Volap̈uk Wikipedia should be
cleaned up, moved, deleted, or whatnot is obviously one a lot of
people seem to care about.  As I've stated before, however—and perhaps
I was being too subtle, though I can't really imagine how—this is
absolutely not something that should be decided on Foundation-l.  (I
really don't think it's appropriate for any mailing list, but that's
for other list administrators to decide.)

There is currently a proposal on meta for a specific action regarding
vowiki, which is what precipitated this thread.  If you feel strongly
about this issue, please vote now.  If you have any insightful
comments to make, please make them on the appropriate wiki page.

If you want to discuss, in general, the criteria for creating a wiki
for Wikipedia in another language, or whether bot-generated articles
are fine for Wikipedia in a particular language, or anything else
which can be broadly interpreted as relevant to the operation of the
Wikimedia Foundation, please create a separate thread for civil
discussion on that point alone.  Many good points have been made in
this thread, but in this context little good will come of them, if for
no other reason than that most sensible people have stopped reading it
by now.

tl;dr /thread

Austin