[Foundation-l] Status of cloak requests

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:30:39 UTC 2008

I use colloquy on a mac. To op and de op, etc. I have to remember and
type out the exact /msg chanserv op #channel (or whatever it is),
because none of the mac IRC clients have good compatibility with
freenode's services. Other networks have simple commands like !up and !
down. They also allow tools like /onotice, which works like the normal
notice command, except it only goes to people who have the op flag
turned on, allowing them to discuss op things within a channel, and
non-ops won't see.

It's a continual source of frustration for me to have to fight against
IRC to get it to work the way it should, when other networks are so
easy. If we had a Wikimedia IRC network (that was using normal style
IRC commands, not freenode's strange ones), it'd make being an op so
much easier, and that would have a net effect on the enjoyment of the
channel users too.

John if you know of a way that I can simplify the op/ban/deop process,
that will work in colloquoy on a Mac, I'm open to suggestion.

-dan