[Foundation-l] Next board meeting

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:48:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think if you look closely, the two members that were appointed, were
>  >  specifically not appointed with a renewable term, but appointed *until*
>  >  the next elections.
>
>  I believe they were replacing elected board members that had resigned,
>  so they were appointed to elected seats which were empty at the time.
>  It makes sense that their appointment is only until the next election.
>  That's not the case with the treasurer position - as far as I know,
>  that is intended to be permanently an appointed seat.

I don't know that I've ever seen anything saying that this position
wouldn't be an elected one. Of course, maybe I haven't seen a lot of
information, but without something specific there's no real reason to
assume this to be true. To avoid further speculation on it, maybe a
board member would be so kind as to tell whether the position of
treasurer is generally an elected or an appointed one.

--Andrew Whitworth