[Foundation-l] Next board meeting

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 12:37:39 UTC 2008

Hi Florence,

First of all I'd like to thank the Board and the Foundtaion as a whole
for the increased openness. This is iirc the first time since a while
that a board meeting has been announced this publicly on beforehand,
including to-be-discussed topics.

I am glad that a secretary will be chosen, but a question that keeps
popping up to me is the treasurer. Because the Foundation website
still doesn't mention a treasurer, and a board without a treasurer
sounds a bit scary to me. Maybe it would be worthwhile to appoint at
least a temporary treasurer? (Assuming that the Board is still
searching outside the community for a new treasurer)

Another thing I personally like that the board discusses is the board
<-> staff transitions. I.e. can a board member become staff and visa
versa, or should there be a transition period.

Finally I think that it would be good if the board would discuss the
possibilities of a Wiki/Volunteer council. this Council has been
discussed several times in the past, and the last thing I heard about
it was the suggestion to let the board appoint some people to form an
initial council, so that they can set up the required procedures etc.
To come there, a goal etc should be formulated however. If this is put
on the agenda of the Board, I am confident that the community will be
able to have at least finished a discussion about the topic, although
I am not sure that this would also lead to 100% clear conclusions.

Best regards,

Lodewijk / Eia