[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Welcome to our two new board members

Florence Devouard anthere at anthere.org
Wed Feb 13 16:52:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

The members of the board of trustees of Wikimedia Foundation have
recently agreed to add two new board members, both being members of our
community, for a term which will expire at next board elections
(june-july 2008).

The first is Michael Snow, long time editor of Wikipedia, and twice
candidate to the board. Rather than presenting him, I recommand that you
  go read into detail his candidate statements, back in 2004
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2004/Candidates#Michael_Snow_.28Confirmed.29),
or in 2007
(http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Candidates/en#User:Michael_Snow).
Michael is a american lawyer, has been the founder of the SignPost and
is currently the Chair of the Commmunication Committee. He is noticeable
(somehow) for being very calm and wise.

The second is Domas Mituzas, long time developer in our tech team. He is
from Lithuania and works for MySQl. He has been a member of the core
tech team for... ever, and is the Foundation hardware volunteer officer.
User page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Midom
Recent email on foundation list:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2008-January/035729.html
He is noticeable for being a very friendly, cheerful, and tall individual.

I am delighted to welcome them both on board, and I hope the community
will generally agree it is a good choice. Their terms will unfortunately
be rather short, but I have no doubt they will bring good insight
nevertheless.

Thanks

Florence Devouard
Chair Wikimedia Foundation