[Foundation-l] Preservation of cultural diversity and minority languages

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 11:45:29 UTC 2008

All these comments are very informative, but we're straying from the
topic. The question is not whether we should deliberately exclude
minority languages or cultures, but whether we should consider the
preservation of cultures and languages part of the Foundation mission.
If we don't consider something a goal, that does not mean we work
*against* it. For example, our goal is not to promote human rights or
prevent child soldiery, even though our work benefits those causes.

Should the Foundation be willing to allocate donated funds and
resources to that purpose? What is the mission of the Wikimedia
Foundation itself (not of the individual users, who have their own
causes and motives)?

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)