[Foundation-l] Partnerships FAQ

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 6 23:59:18 UTC 2008

All -

in the next few days, I'll try to put together a coherent Wikimedia
Foundation FAQ on partnerships with other organizations and companies:
What we do, what we don't do, how we decide things, who to talk to,
etc. This is meant to ease the workload of staff & volunteers
responding to external inquiries.

I'm still in the note-taking phase - feel free to add to:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Partnerships_FAQ

If there are existing pages & FAQs I should be aware of, please let me know.

Please note that this will be written on the basis of the current
resource constraints: We really do not have a lot of organizational
bandwidth to effectively execute partnerships right now, so in many
cases, the best we can do is provide guidelines and help people to
work with community volunteers. Even when we do hire a head of
partnerships (and that will be very much dependent on our finances as
we go forward), they'll only have a very small staff to work with.

Sue & I also think it might make sense to create a dedicated OTRS
queue for potential partnerships. I know a lot of this goes to the
info queue already, but it'll make sense, I think, to build a team of
dedicated volunteers for this space. If you have any thoughts on that,
let me know.

Thanks,
Erik
--