[Foundation-l] Wikistats is back to May 2008 version

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Thu Dec 25 13:25:47 UTC 2008

There is something seriously wrong with the figures for some wikipedias in
the new wikistats reports. The figures for some wikis are much too low. When
comparing csv files (raw counts) produced in May 2008 and produced recently
it is quite easy to tell the difference. For some wikis the data for months
up to May 2008 are equal in the old and new files, for other wikis the
counts are completely different for any month from the start of the wiki.

I am truly sorry that I did not spot this earlier. The scripts that handle
basic data gathering have not changed recently. Instead I have been
completely focused on optimizing the reporting scripts and adding
presentation logic. I have restored the May 2008 version of wikistats. I
will start to investigate tomorrow. For now Happy Xmas :)

Erik Zachte