[Foundation-l] Emphasis on "edit"

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 19:31:17 UTC 2008

Many times we raised the issue that many (maybe majority of) users of
Wikimedia content don't realize that it is possible to edit pages on
Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. Last time I was talking about
it a couple of days ago, during the conference in Belgrade, with a
Polish Wikimedian, Marcin Cieslak.

I was thinking about some big button "edit" on every page. And, by
accident, I realized now that Polish Wikinews emphasized their "edit"
button [1]. I think that this may be a good thing for the beginning
for all Wikimedian projects. Maybe, it should be even a default in
MonoBook skin on MediaWiki.

[1] - http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Strona_g%C5%82%C3%B3wna