[Foundation-l] Licensing update: Questions and Answers

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 17 03:49:28 UTC 2008

As per earlier comments, I've posted a first set of Questions and
Answers related to a possible licensing update from GFDL to CC-BY-SA
as the primary content license (with GFDL retained as a secondary
license) for Wikimedia Foundation projects, here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Questions_and_Answers

This is intended to be an iterative process, so please add questions
directly to the page, if you want. In the understanding that this Q&A
is meant to reflect the Wikimedia Foundation's position on these
issues, please feel free to help flesh out and clarify the answers.
Once the document has stabilized, I'll also send out a note that it's
ready for translation.

We'll follow up with a "proposal for a proposal", per the Q&A, by
January 15, 2009.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation