[Foundation-l] and what if...

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Sat Dec 13 11:14:41 UTC 2008

I would recommend that Russian Wikipedia adopt a policy similar to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:USERBOXES#Content_restrictions

 ># Userboxes must not be inflammatory or divisive.
 ># Wikipedia is not an appropriate place for propaganda, advocacy, or
 >recruitment of any kind, commercial, political, religious, or
 >otherwise, opinion pieces on current affairs or politics,
 >self-promotion, or advertising.

I would also note that the sorts of people who deny the Holocaust are
generally the sorts of people who ought to be blocked on sight from
editing Wikipedia.

--Jimbo