[Foundation-l] Tell us about your Wikipedia

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:23:24 UTC 2008

In fact, I am amazed with how little help pages and community building
elements the small Wikipedias have come so far. But they remain small
communities, and I suppose this has to do with a lack of these
elements. Without, it is difficult for new people to join and actually
fit in and stay.
Therefore "Multilingual Wikipedia" at Meta includes also a manual:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Manual_for_small_and_new_Wikipedias
Ideas and corrections are welcome. :-)

Because people like GerardM from Betawiki and others have to migrate
from village pump to village pump to inform about useful thing for all
Wikipedias, I have set up
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/All_Wikipedia_Pin_Board
but for so long I am the only who ever posted... Maybe it will work,
maybe not. Without doubt, it would at least save a lot of work to
GerardM. :-)

Ziko

2008/8/29 Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de>:
> Samuel Klein wrote:
>> I agree this is neat.  Also, can we have some wiki-group where people from
>> one community who have a nice practice (welcoming, making portal pages,
>> celebrating holidays with art) visit young new communities and teach them
>> how to do it?
>>
>> (sort of like groups that teach new residents of a town to speak the local
>> language)
>>
>> SJ
> Yeah, good idea.
> Ting