[Foundation-l] New list admin: Ral315

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:58:08 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When the WMF office needs to organise volunteers, they do so to fulfil the
needs that the WMF as an organisation has. This is not necessarily the same
thing as how the projects and their communities can make the work of our
volunteers more effective. Obviously there may be a lot of overlap between
what a council of volunteers organises and what Cary organises consequently
a high level of collaboration with the WMF is a sensible thing to do.

A council is to serve the needs of our communities, to coordinate our
efforts, to ensure that the lessons learned are incorporated in new efforts.
We should do this for our own reasons. Cary is capable enough to ensure that
the things HE needs to coordinate will get the attention he is able to give
and I am sure that a council will be happy to help as much as is feasible.
Thanks,
      GerardM

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com