[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Apr 28 02:40:08 UTC 2008

Florence Devouard wrote:
> You are absolutely correct Mark.
> But you may not have understood that chapters will not necessarily elect
> chapter members ?
> I even have the weakness to think that they will have the wisdom to
> avoid that trap ;-)

Well that's true, but they still get the vote---even if they elect
someone else, they have the power to decide who to elect. I'm not sure I
like the power being distributed with such a skew, that for example
Europeans get 9 input into the process nine times, and Japanese zero.

Of course I don't really like the idea of chapters in the first place,
so that's a whole separate issue (I tend to dislike nation-based
organizations, especially as they tend to promote nationalism).

-Mark