[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 06:35:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

I had the impression that Florence's "elected" position had been
converted into an "appointed" one. But now I see it is listed as a
community one.

Will the Board look to the community first to fill the appointed
'expertise' seats? (I understand in many, probably most cases, that
expertise + willingness may not exist.)

Under this new structure, will it be possible that community-elected
positions may be converted to board-appointed? (Expert in the
community?)

Are the 'specific expertise' seats going to be for specifically named
areas of expertise?

Community Founder seat seems to be locking Jimmy into the Board for,
well, indefinitely. Presumably he is happy with that, but it will mean
the rules need to be changed when he can't do it any more, right?
(Yer, maybe decades from now :))
I mean, there are no other people in the community, and there never
will be, who fufil the role of "community founder". What is the point
of "formalizing Jimmy's role as Community Founder" - why not just make
his seat one of the Board appointed ones?

It will be interesting to see how the chapter seats play out.

regards,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/