[Foundation-l] When is a Wikipedia not a Wikipedia ?

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:18:07 UTC 2008

On 14/04/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
One
>  option is that people consider that this is NOT a wikipedia and as a
>  consequence should not be called Wikipedia. As David Gerard suggested, it
>  could be called Wikicompendium ...

I would not say that this is definitely "NOT" a Wikipedia. The
collective answer to "what is Wikipedia" has narrowed over time. I
don't see a reason it could not widen again.
For me personally, if they want to call that Wikipedia,
notwithstanding the emergence of a definitive cross-language
definition of Wikipedia, I would be inclined to let them. It has the
name currency if nothing else.

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/