[Foundation-l] Projects without >FDL1.2 migration clause

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:21:40 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Guillaume Paumier <guillom.pom at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  According to my amateur knowledge of law, it seems that there are
>  >  serious problems with the clause "... or any later version..." in the
>  >  continental law system.
>
>  Could you provide any reference about this?

If you ask me for a linguistic reference, I would be glad to give it
to you :) For a lot of times I am really frustrated by the fact that I
am introduced in the comparative copyright law much more than I ever
imagined that I would have been introduced.

About the migration clause problems at French Wikipedia I didn't
introduce myself by reading copyright-related articles at the fr.wp
with my 0.1 level of French, but I heard by one of well known French
Wikimedians in 2006. (So, I am not sure that your rewording of the
GFDL article at fr.wp would help a lot.)

As there were a time when I was the only person or one of two persons
who was taking care about legal issues related to projects in Serbian
language. And I was talking a lot with a number of lawyers, including
the only person in Serbia who made a PhD in copyright law (it is still
fascinating to me that no one else did it in Serbia; but it is still
possible because I suppose that regulation is working at the basis of
patent and commercial laws).

So, if you really don't have a better person to ask (let's say, some
French copyright lawyer), I may try to ask the last mentioned person
for some more explanation.