[Foundation-l] Creative Commons CC-BY-SA Draft Statement of Intent

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 10:45:01 UTC 2008

2008/4/5, geni <geniice op gmail.com>:

>  >  - I would really like to see that CC is working on our license with
>  >  FSF and/or Software Freedom Law Center. At least to consult them about
>  >  the conditions. Actually, I am interested to hear what do those two
>  >  organizations have to say about the new conditions.
>

> The FSF produced the GFDL. I think that disqualifies then from telling
>  anyone else how to write a free content license.

Thank you for your constructive behaviour. That they wrote a license
that stands in court and that does what it is intended for, of
*course* disqualifies them for having a good legal and cultural view
(not per se the truth, but a view) on changes in licenses. No, we
should never try to ask their opinion, because the risk they could
make a valid point is too big! Brrrr

BR, Lodewijk