[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council - proposal sent to theBoard

FloNight sydney.poore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:09:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
<cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/3/08, FloNight <sydney.poore at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It is my understanding that discussion about a Volunteer Council will
>  > happen at the meeting. I'm not sure that the Board members are able to
>  > comment in detail now if they have not yet discussed the issue with
>  > other Board members and the professional staff yet.
>
>  And just as a matter of interest, who appointed you the spokesperson
>  for all the board members apart from Florence Devouard?
>

>  Jussi-Ville Heiskanen, ~ [[User:Cimon Avaro]]

The board members that are reading this mailing list can weigh in as
they desire, of course. I was offering a reason for why their comments
might not be as valuable now as they would be after some discussion of
the topic with other board members and the professional staff.

My personal preference was for this topic to be widely advertised in
as many languages are possible so the Global Community was aware that
there was a possibility that these changes might occur. My impression,
after an email exchange with a new member of the professional staff,
is that they were not aware of the issue enough to get involved yet
and make this happen. Mike's comments here also indicate that he was
not yet tasked with researching the legal implications of a VC on the
Foundation. I think off the cuff remarks by Board members and staff
will not be as valuable as well though out statements after the issue
has been researched and discussed.

Sydney