[Foundation-l] Allow new wikis in extinct languages?

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 06:38:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 2:23 AM, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)
<pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  >  What is "notable"?
>  >
>  >  Notable enough to have a Featured Article about [[Modern Latin
>  >  literature]] or [[Modern Coptic literature]] on English Wikipedia or
>  >  another major-language Wikipedia.
>  >

>  English should not have a wiki? I don't think it's a very good
>  criteria if even our most prolific non-extinct language doesn't
>  qualify.

I'm proposing a standard for languages that don't have native
speakers, which must be judged solely on the output of their written
literatures.

This would not restrict Wikipedias for languages with native speakers.

(Obviously [[Modern English literature]] is notable enough a subject
to be FA-worthy anyway, and it would hardly need to be demonstrated)

Thanks,
Pharos