[Foundation-l] [Internal-l] Relocation Announcement

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:50:20 UTC 2007

Hi!

> In theory you should be able to use the vast majority of Wikipedia
> from a read-only copy even while logged in.
>  I guess that hasn't been implemented?

In theory everything can be done. In practice we have to balance
between different theories and practices, adapt to standards, common
wisdom, usage patterns, etc.
Thats why you don't have to install application to browse wikipedia,
site is not javascript-dependent, and back-forward buttons on your
browser work, you can copy the link, and even customize your interface.

Please, don't assume that this has not been considered (and by
bringing up these topics to foundation-l you probably think you're
doing something new).
If you have any practical applications and evaluations done, feel
free to post to wikitech-l, or join #wikimedia-tech channel for
discussion.

And... are we solving real or hypothetical problems? Why would that
be interesting to general public? :)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]