[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 16:18:52 UTC 2007

I'd be all for that. Helping out academic enlightenment is one of the
goals of, well, every wikimedia project i know, this is simply another
aspect of that. But, really, i've never been one to really care about
my own privacy, i don't much care what people know about me and
whether or not they like it. There are plenty out there who do,
however. Making a prelim of the confidentiality agreement and
publishing it might help them. It's already got my support though.

On 9/14/07, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Andrew Gray wrote:
> > On 14/09/2007, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> >
> >>In any
> >>case, I think the question would benefit from community discussion,
> >>which is why I am posting it here.
> >

> > It might be helpful (to prevent uninformed ramblings) if we could have
> > a draft of the proposed confidentiality agreement, or at least a rough
> > bulletpoint of what it would cover. Unless that's confidential ;-)
>
> It hasn't been written yet.
>
> > I assume the data processing and handling would be done in Spain? It's
> > certainly much less of a legal headache to shift the data to Europe
> > rather than from Europe...
>
> Yes.
>
> -- Tim Starling

-Brock