[Foundation-l] Sassarese and Sardinian

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 12:32:41 UTC 2007

Hi Ilario

As Editor of ISO 639-6, I am fully aware of the differences between written
and spoken language.  Indeed, it was my BSI Committee that first raised this
issue with the ISO committee wrt the need for separate codes for written and
spoken language/varieties.  Again, ISO 639-6 does not classify but deals
with ALL linguistic entities from the highest level of phyla to the lowest
level of component of dialect and orthography.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

Debbie