[Foundation-l] An issue with the site notice

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:59:22 UTC 2007

On 24/10/2007, Confusing Manifestation <confusingmanifestation at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has to do with the "testimonial" quotes - namely the fact that it
> doesn't say that that's what they are. If I hadn't looked at the page
> listing them before, having a fundraising banner with "I use Wikipedia
> DAILY - I feel obliged to pay!" would not be sending me the right
> message - it sounds more like someone putting words into my mouth, and
> they're not the words I want put into my mouth. Just a little tag that
> says, for example, '-- Anonymous donator' would solve the issue, for
> me at least.

Heh. In some ways, the old <marquee> version was better for this -
having multiple ones following on from each other emphasised they were
individual quotes...

"- donor." would be the simplest followthrough. The problem would be
keeping it short so we don't overspill the box - most are fairly short
quotes, but some are pushing the edge.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk