[Foundation-l] GFDL and relicensing

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Nov 26 22:26:59 UTC 2007

Mike Godwin wrote:
> Ray Saintonge writes:
>
>> I'm sure that Dante should have set up a circle in hell where
>> plaintiffs
>> with more money than sense were forever litigating against defendants
>> with less sense than money.
>>
> "More money than sense" = "less sense than money", n'est-ce pas?

Yes and no.  It's self-explanatory for these plaintiffs, but these
defendants have little money and even less sense.
> Without making any claim as to the absolute amount of sense we have, I
> think we probably have more sense than money, by some appreciable
> margin.
Having both sense and absolute sense is an oxymoron... except perhaps in
theology.
> (I am hoping Dante would not count that self-assessment as a
> sin.) We look forward to the day when we have a lot of sense and even
> more money.
Do we?  When money grows at a faster rate than sense it becomes subject
to the Law of Diminishing Returns.

Ec