[Foundation-l] [EWW] Edit Wikipedia Week

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 19:57:58 UTC 2007

I would like to send some general encouragement your
way for bringing this idea forward again.  Although I
don't really talk about Wikipedia very often with my
general acquaintances, when I have they have often
been surprised to learn that it is open to editing.
Many people just see Wikipedia as information popping
up in their Google searches without thinking much
about how the information got there.  Even when they
realize it is *possible* to edit Wikipedia, people
often imagine that it is more complicated than it is
in reality.  So I think the title has the right
emphasis with "Edit Wikipedia Week".  Editing can be
an overlooked aspect of Wikipedia.  Although that may
sound strange to a group that is self-selected from
editors.

Birgitte SB

--- Christophe Henner <christophe.henner at gmail.com>