[Foundation-l] Add Community Generated Information to Publicly Traded Company Pages

Chris Harris CHarris at Fool.com
Tue Nov 20 17:25:18 UTC 2007

Thank you for the feedback on where to post this proposal.  We were told
by our contacts at Wikipedia.org to post here, but will inquire about
re-posting to the Village Pump or the wikipedia-l list.

Regarding the encyclopaedic merit of the community-generated stock
ratings, we view this data as first and foremost a community sentiment
measure.  We think the community approach that we are taking to
accumulate this statistical measure could add value to Wikipedia, as a
measurement of community sentiment and as a point of comparison for
publicly traded companies.

Thanks again,
Chris