[Foundation-l] Multi-licensing situations on page text

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 07:19:19 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When you have it as one of the conditions of use for a website, the notion
of having the content available under two licenses is a given. These two
licenses do not have to be really similar. For instance in OmegaWiki we have
a combined CC-by and GFDL license. Many people do not stop whining about
their GFDL while they typically are not aware that it is not a license that
was even meant for projects like Wikipedia. It was the best that was
available at the time. For many applications the GFDL prevents cooperation
and consequently a lot of material does not come available under a much more
liberal license like the CC-by.
Thanks,
     GerardM