[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Nov. 15, 2007 @ 12:20 PM (EST)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 01:50:42 UTC 2007

On 16/11/2007, Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com> wrote:
> The 2600+ donations under $1 (so far) are now being excluded from both that
> online summary and from the tally in the banner that appears everywhere.
> Doing that seems to eliminate the biggest PR problem (i.e. appearing to
> claim many more donors than really made a significant contribution).  Is
> that your concern, or is it some other issue?

Those donations almost certainly come from stolen credit card numbers.
Ron Paul took a PR hit over the issue (although in his case the
amounts were somewhat larger) I'd rather we didn't suffer the same
problem. If you watch #wikimedia-donations the majority of donations
at the moment are 0.01$.

--
geni