[Foundation-l] Join the chapters committee?

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 14:31:10 UTC 2007

2007/11/11, Casey Brown <cbrown1023.ml en gmail.com>:
> On 11/11/07, josef huber <josef.s.huber en gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Chapters Committee,
[...]
> > From the job description I can figure out the task would be "read boring
> > bylaw documents", and "learn about different legal systems" ... which is a
> > more educational thing than doing real work i guess.
> >

> From my experiences working wth the chapters committee, it's not
> really educational work.  They review the prospective bylaws of a
> local chapter and approve the chapter before it goes to the Foundatuon
> for the final approval.  The ChapCom needs to read up on the
> countries' loca laws and legal systems to make surw the bylaws work
> and other items.

I agree. I don't think it's an educational work but a political one.
Wikimedia (in terms of organization) is becoming international, and
the Chapters Comittee should guide and manage this process. Hard work
to do, in fact. I can understand quite well the need of more people
helping.

                                              Patricio

[...]

--

Patricio Lorente
Mensajería Instantánea: patricio_lorente en jabber.org