[Foundation-l] Fundraising totals as of Oct 7, 2007 @ 5:00 PM (EST)

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Fri Nov 9 21:25:18 UTC 2007

Another important thing to consider is that the online advertising industry
has a lot to teach about this. They have turned conversions from an art to a
science, with systematic methods of relocating advertising banners,
repositioning them, recoloring them, restyling them, rewording them, until
the best equilibrium is found. Perhaps the home-grown and less professional
feel of previous donation campaigns were more effective than the current
professional appeal. You would need to test each on a sample of visitors and
compare the conversions. This is just an example. Systematic experimentation
will almost certainly improve the numbers.