[Foundation-l] Google Webmaster Tools and Foundation projects

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sat Nov 3 00:00:08 UTC 2007

I've been encouraging the Foundation to release a subset of the data they
collect for years. As a body, they seem reluctant to develop a consistent
policy. Therefore, I don't consider this reasoning broken. They don't want
to develop the policies, so this is another way that we can proceed with
releasing to the public a significant subset of the statistics relating to
how people access the site. I'm also not sure about the current state of the
statistics gathering at the Foundation. In the past, those logs were deleted
immediately, although I know some other work has gone on.