[Foundation-l] OLPC Khairat Chronicle

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Fri Nov 2 09:23:29 UTC 2007

There is a similar interesting report from Arahuay, Peru, where the
population of the entire village has gotten involoved.
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Peru/Arahuay

But my favorite video is from a student in Uruguay... a pity that it
isn't as easy for them to post to commons as to youtube.
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzBTGGVWNg

The main barrier to posting such videos to commons is that one needs to
learn how to make an upload useful in, and how to include it in, one of
the sister projects; I wonder whether a 'publish to Wikimedia Commons'
button in the recording activity would be useful or a nuisance.  OLPC
laptops natively only produce theora video, so the other major barrier
to adding video to commons doesn't come up.

SJ
sj at laptop.org