[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

sannse sannse at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:46:29 UTC 2007

I will now be resigning as OTRS admin and relinquishing oversight.
That's mostly symbolic as I've not been active for some time, and
several people (including Kat) know my full details anyway.  My first
and middle names (Lisa Carter) are fully public as part of my work at
Wikia, but I choose to keep my last name private.  I believe everyone
in these positions should have that option.

I fully understand why the board have felt that they have had to go
this route, but I disagree with it strongly.  There are many reasons
to keep full identities private, and the vast majority are benign.
Keeping details private doesn't involve lying, and those that want to
lie can do so anyway.  This just pushes good, but nervous, people out
of these roles.  Roles where good people are desperately needed.

I'm sad to see where the Foundation is going with this change,
although I do appreciate the pressures that have precipitated it.

Regards,

-- sannse

(and /that/ is the only name you need to find out who I am and whether
I can be trusted.  Your choice either way.)